Ethos and Aims
Dauntsey’s is a fully co-educational school with a Christian ethos. The community is friendly and supportive, giving pupils and staff every opportunity to fulfil their potential and to achieve their aspirations, both academic and otherwise. The School is lively, creative and caring, encouraging all pupils to develop social responsibility and high moral values. It is a happy place, with a strong family atmosphere, fostering independence and a spirit of adventure.
- To maintain the School's strong academic profile by providing a balanced, progressive and innovative curriculum delivered by a talented and committed teaching staff.
- To provide a range of opportunities for pupils to become flexible thinkers by stimulating intellectual curiosity through academic enrichment, independent learning and a complementary curriculum.
- To maintain and develop the School's outstanding pastoral care within a diverse and inclusive community.
- To maintain the School's strong commitment to boarding.
- To provide a broad range of extra curricular activities and opportunities, which develop pupils as adventurous, articulate and responsible individuals ready to take their place in the modern world.
- To nurture and develop the School's commitment to the local community and to broaden access to the School through a bursary scheme.
- To provide a school environment which promotes self-confidence, a feeling of self-worth and emotionally resilient pupils.