The Management Team
Telephone: 01380 814503
Mark joined Dauntsey’s in September 2012 from The Kings School, Canterbury where he was Lower Master (Senior Deputy Head).
After reading Geography at Durham University and completing his PGCE, Mark enjoyed teaching stints at Hookergate Comprehensive in Gateshead and at Boldon Colliery School, in South Shields. He was appointed to teach Geography at Shrewsbury in 1992 where he was also Master-in-Charge of Football, Cricket and Fives, before taking up his appointment of Housemaster of The Grove in 2003. In 2009, Mark was appointed Lower Master at The King’s School, Canterbury and then Acting Headmaster in 2010.
Telephone: 01380 814507
- The day-to-day management of the school
- Organisation of special school events
- Manages and co-ordinates the school's disciplinary controls
- Staff appraisals
- All trips and visits
- Authorises staff absence and organises cover
- Allocates budgets and monitors the spending of these budgets
Deputy Head (Pastoral)
Telephone: 01380 814508
- Head of Boarding
- Welfare of pupils - manages all anti-bullying and child protection issues
- Welfare of teaching staff, including staff training and development
- Co-ordinates and monitors School Policies and the Staff handbook
Deputy Head (Academic)
Telephone: 01380 814509
- Develops and co-ordinates the School's academic policy
- Line manager for all Heads of Department
- Administers all aspects of pupils' option choices
- Manages the timetable preparation
- Oversees staffing levels to ensure fair teaching loads and commitments
- Manages the School's academic administration, including grades and reports
Head of the Lower School
Telephone: 01380 814557
- Behaviour and discipline in the Lower School
- Supports Lower School House Staff and Tutors
- Manages Lower School events
- Manages the entry of pupils into the School
- Co-ordinates the transfer of pupils in to the Upper School
- Oversees 11+ entrance examinations and the 13+ scholarships
Air Commodore S P J Lilley
Telephone: 01380 814516
- Control and Management of the School finances.
- The effective delivery of all non-teaching support services.
- Management and control of major capital projects.
- Overall responsibility for HR and employment issues.
Telephone: 01380 814504
- Oversees all aspects of admissions of pupils to the School
- Oversees pupil recruitment through marketing and public relations
- Co-ordinates open mornings, boarding open evenings and other recruitment events
- Liaises with prospective parents and feeder schools