Assistant Carpenter / Handyperson
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:30
Dauntsey’s are looking for an Assistant Carpenter who is also a multi-skilled handyperson to undertake tasks generally associated with the building trade. The applicant would be expected to work alongside the School’s carpenter and it is anticipated that the carpentry role would equate to 60% of the working week.
Key Areas of responsibility:
Carpentry role (equating to 60% of the working week)
- The repair and maintenance of windows
- Doors and door furniture
- Fire doors and keeping a log of works
- Manufacture and repair of lockers
- Manufacture of other minor pieces of furniture, as required
- Installing noticeboards and pictures
- Minor room maintenance
- Repairs to wooden buildings
- Helping with the design and construction of the Drama Department stage sets
- Water tap temperature measurement and maintaining a log
- Lamp changes
- Basic plumbing functions – changing shower heads and hoses etc.
- Clearing out of yard gullies and low level guttering and downpipes
- To carry out any other suitable work as instructed by the Clerk of Works
- Full driving licence required
Knowledge and Skills:
The applicant should ideally have been apprentice time served and qualified to use high speed circular saws and planning machines etc. and to be familiar with Health & Safety Issues.
For more information, please contact Mr Mike Mayland, Clerk of Works on 01380 814640.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 8 November 2017
Dauntsey’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and as such successful applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service