Dauntsey’s School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed person to join the IT Support Team.
The IT Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day running and maintenance of the Dauntsey’s School IT network and the ongoing maintenance of all hardware and software. General IT support, for both staff and pupils at Dauntsey’s School.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide first call IT support.
- To maintain and repair the ICT equipment in order to keep this to the expected standard.
- Setup and build of workstations, laptops and tablets.
- Installation of software, drivers etc.
- Basic administration of Office365.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Audio Visual equipment – IWB’s, projectors, digital signage.
- Maintaining the good order of the School’s network infrastructure, monitor and maintain the network switches, sockets and cables and install or replace new network cabling when required.
- Monitoring computer hardware throughout the School on a regular basis and checking PC’s for inappropriate software.
The successful candidate will have the following skills / qualities
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills
- City & Guilds, Microsoft qualification or equivalent experience.
- Presentable and reliable
- Be highly motivated and able to work well on their own or as part of a team.
- To be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, pupils and staff.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:30 with 6 weeks paid holiday.
For more information, please contact Mr Barry Roberts, Head of IT Support Services on 01380 814606 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 8 November 2017
Dauntsey’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and as such successful applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service