Entry at 11
For candidates wishing to enter into the First Form/Year 7, examinations and interviews take place at Dauntsey's in mid January of the year of entry. At First Form, both day and boarding places are available.
Candidates sit papers in English (comprehension and composition) and Maths and take a verbal reasoning (multiple choice) test.
Those living overseas take the examination by arrangement either at their current school or at a British Council office and will be interviewed by Skype. Candidates who do not have English as their first language should refer to the International Candidates page.
- Open Mornings: 10 October at 10:00
- Registration Deadline: 19 October 2020. For applications after this date please contact Helen Sullivan, Duputy Registrar directly
- Information on entrance assessment and scholarships sent to registered candidates: Mid-November 2020
- Reports and reference requests sent to current schools: Mid-November 2020
- Scholarship forms, interview and contact details, photos & requests for extra-time in entrance exam to be returned to Admissions: 1 December 2020
- Interview timings sent by: 14 December 2020
- Sports Award Assessments: 16 January 2021
- Entrance examination: 26 January 2021
- Interviews and auditions: 28 and 29 January 2021
- Offers made: w/c 08 February 2021
Please refer to our Admissions Calendar for Admissions dates.
The school is noted for its unpretentious and friendly atmosphere, and the mix of pupils from state primary and independent prep schools contributes to this. Our pupils come from many different schools and when they arrive at Dauntsey’s everyone is ready to make new friends.”registrar, jo sagers