Entry at 13
For those joining at 13, selection is based on the ISEB Common Pre-Test (taken at prep schools) and interview, or our own entrance exams. At this point of entry (Year 9) only boarding places are available.
All registered pupils currently at a prep school will be invited to sit the Independent Schools Examining Board (ISEB) Common Pre-Tests at their prep schools early in the Spring Term of their Year 7. An interview and taster day at Dauntsey’s follows in early March. Firm places are then offered in mid-March.
ISEB Common Entrance papers taken at prep schools in the summer of Year 8 are marked by Dauntsey's staff and are used for initial setting purposes.
For those not at a prep school, entry is via interview and our own examination papers (English, Maths and Science) taken in the Autumn Term of a pupil's Year 8. Those living overseas take the examinations by arrangement either at their current school or at a British Council office and will be interviewed by Skype. Candidates who do not have English as their first language should refer to the International Candidates page.
13+ Entry in 2019
Entry is now complete and please contact the Registrar Jo Sagers for any queries - firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +44 (0) 1380 814504
- Registration for boarding places: Tuesday 01 January 2019
- Pre-tests to be taken at Prep Schools by Friday 15 February 2019
- Taster and interview at Dauntsey's Friday 01 March 2019
- Offers made by Friday 15 March 2019
- Deadline for acceptance: Monday 15 April 2019
- Scholarships and awards assessments take place in November 2019
- Dauntsey's own entrance examinations: November 2019
- Please refer to our Admissions Calendar for all Admissions dates
Everyone is friendly and supportive. There is a great sense of community and there are loads of people to turn to for help - I've certainly never felt lonely. ”third form boarder