Entry at 13
For those joining at 13, selection is based on the ISEB Common Pre-Test (taken at prep schools) and interview, or our own entrance exams. At this point of entry (Year 9) only boarding places are available.
All registered pupils currently at a prep school will be invited to sit the Independent Schools Examining Board (ISEB) Common Pre-Tests at their prep schools early in the Spring Term of their Year 7. A formal interview and Taster Day at Dauntsey’s follows in early March of their Year 7. Firm places are then offered in mid-March.
The ISEB Common Entrance papers taken at prep schools in the summer of Year 8 are marked by Dauntsey's staff and are used for initial setting purposes.
For those not at a prep school, entry is via interview and our own examination papers (English, Maths and Science) taken in the Autumn Term of a pupil's Year 8. Those living overseas take the examinations by arrangement either at their current school or at a British Council office and will be interviewed by Skype. Candidates who do not have English as their first language should refer to the International Candidates page.
Please contact the Registrar, Jo Sagers, or the Admissions Office for any queries regarding wait lists for Year 9 boarding entry for 2021
- Registration deadline for boarding places: 01 January 2021
- ISEB Common Pre-Tests to be taken at Prep Schools by mid-February 2021
- For those not at Prep Schools, Dauntsey's own entrance exams are taken: Thursday 4 March 2021
- Taster Day and formal interviews at Dauntsey's: Friday 5 March 2021.
- Place offers made by Friday 19 March 2021
- Deadline for acceptance: Monday 19 April 2021
- Scholarships and awards assessments take place in November 2021
- Dauntsey's own entrance examinations (for late place entry): November 2021
- Please refer to our Admissions Calendar for Admissions dates
Everyone is friendly and supportive. There is a great sense of community and there are loads of people to turn to for help - I've certainly never felt lonely. ”third form boarder