Entry at 13
For those joining at 13, selection is based on the ISEB Common Pre-Test (taken at prep schools) and interview, or our own entrance exams. At this point of entry (Year 9) only boarding places are available.
All registered pupils currently at a prep school will be invited to sit the Independent Schools Examining Board (ISEB) Common Pre-Tests at their prep schools early in the Spring Term of their Year 7. A formal interview and Taster Day at Dauntsey’s follows in early March of their Year 7. Firm places are then offered in mid-March.
The ISEB Common Entrance papers taken at prep schools in the summer of Year 8 are marked by Dauntsey's staff and are used for initial setting purposes.
For those not at a prep school, entry is via interview and our own examination papers (English and Maths) taken in the Autumn Term of a pupil's Year 8. Those living overseas take the examinations by arrangement either at their current school or at a British Council office and will be interviewed by Microsoft Teams. Candidates who do not have English as their first language should refer to the International Candidates page.
- Registration deadline for boarding places: 01 January 2023
- ISEB Common Pre-Tests to be taken at Prep Schools by mid-February 2023
- For those not at Prep Schools, Dauntsey's own entrance exams are taken: Tuesday 14 March 2023
- Taster Day and formal interviews at Dauntsey's: Tuesday 14 March 2023
- Place offers made by Friday 1 April 2023
- Deadline for acceptance: Friday 26 May 2023
- Scholarships and awards assessments take place in February and March 2024
- Dauntsey's own entrance examinations (for late place entry): November 2023
- Please refer to our Admissions Calendar for Admissions dates
Everyone is friendly and supportive. There is a great sense of community and there are loads of people to turn to for help - I've certainly never felt lonely. ”third form boarder