Entry at 13
For those joining at 13, selection is based on the ISEB Common Pre-Test (taken at prep schools) and interview, or our own entrance exams. At this point of entry (Year 9) only boarding places are available.
All registered pupils currently at a prep school will be invited to sit the Independent Schools Examining Board (ISEB) Common Pre-Tests at their prep schools early in the Spring Term of their Year 7. A formal interview and Taster Day at Dauntsey’s follows in early March of their Year 7. Firm places are then offered in mid-March.
The ISEB Common Entrance papers taken at prep schools in the summer of Year 8 are marked by Dauntsey's staff and are used for initial setting purposes.
For those not at a prep school, entry is via interview and our own examination papers (English, Maths and Science) taken in the Autumn Term of a pupil's Year 8. Those living overseas take the examinations by arrangement either at their current school or at a British Council office and will be interviewed by Skype. Candidates who do not have English as their first language should refer to the International Candidates page.
13+ Entry in 2019
Entry is now complete and please contact the Registrar Jo Sagers for any queries - firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +44 (0) 1380 814504
- Registration for boarding places: Tuesday 01 January 2019
- ISEB Common Pre-Tests to be taken at Prep Schools by Friday 15 February 2019
- Taster Day and formal interviews at Dauntsey's Friday 01 March 2019
- Place offers made by Friday 15 March 2019
- Deadline for acceptance: Monday 15 April 2019
- Scholarships and awards assessments take place in November 2019
- Dauntsey's own entrance examinations: November 2019
- Please refer to our Admissions Calendar for all Admissions dates
- New Pupils' Day at Dauntsey's: Sunday 21 June 2020
Everyone is friendly and supportive. There is a great sense of community and there are loads of people to turn to for help - I've certainly never felt lonely. ”third form boarder