Entry at 13
For those joining at 13, selection is based on the ISEB Pre-test (taken at Prep Schools) and interview, or our own entrance exams. At this point of entry (Year 9) only boarding places are available.
All registered pupils currently at Prep School will be invited to sit the Independent Schools Examining Board (ISEB) Pre-tests at their Prep Schools early in the Spring Term of their Year 7. An interview and taster day at Dauntsey’s follows in early March. Firm places are then offered in mid-March.
ISEB Common Entrance papers taken at Prep School in the summer of Year 8 are marked by Dauntsey's staff and are used for setting purposes.
For those not at a Prep School, entry is via interview and our own Examination Papers (English, Maths and Science) taken in the Autumn Term of a pupil's Year 8. Those living overseas take the examinations by arrangement either at their current school or at a British Council office and will be interviewed by Skype. Candidates who do not have English as their first language should refer to the International Candidates page.
- Registration for boarding places: Spring 2018
- Pre-tests to be taken at Prep Schools by 23 February 2018
- Taster and interview at Dauntsey's 02 March 2018
- Offers made by 16 March 2018
- Deadline for acceptance: 16 April 2018
- Dauntsey's own entrance examinations: 14 November 2018
- Please contact the Registrar Jo Sagers for late place enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +44 (0) 1380 814504.
Please refer to our Admissions Calendar for all Admissions dates.
Everyone is friendly and supportive. There is a great sense of community and there are loads of people to turn to for help - I've certainly never felt lonely. ”third form boarder