Entry at 13
For those joining at 13, selection is based on the ISEB Common Pre-Test (taken at prep schools) and interview, or our own entrance exams. At this point of entry (Year 9) only boarding places are available.
All registered pupils currently at a prep school will be invited to sit the Independent Schools Examining Board (ISEB) Common Pre-Tests at their prep schools early in the Spring Term of their Year 7. A formal interview and Taster Day at Dauntsey’s follows in early March of their Year 7. Firm places are then offered in mid-March.
The ISEB Common Entrance papers taken at prep schools in the summer of Year 8 are marked by Dauntsey's staff and are used for initial setting purposes.
For those not at a prep school, entry is via interview and our own examination papers (English, Maths and Science) taken in the Autumn Term of a pupil's Year 8. Those living overseas take the examinations by arrangement either at their current school or at a British Council office and will be interviewed by Skype. Candidates who do not have English as their first language should refer to the International Candidates page.
Entry is now underway, please contact either Heather Barnes, Admissions Assistant, or Registrar, Jo Sagers, for any queries regarding late place entry for 2020: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +44 (0) 1380 814671
- Registration for boarding places: 01 January 2020
- ISEB Common Pre-Tests to be taken at Prep Schools by Friday 14 February 2020
- Taster Day and formal interviews at Dauntsey's Friday 06 March 2020. For those not at Prep Schools, Dauntsey's own entrance exams are taken at this time.
- Place offers made by Friday 17 March 2020
- Deadline for acceptance: Monday 20 April 2020
- Scholarships and awards assessments take place in November 2020
- Dauntsey's own entrance examinations (for late place entry): November 2020
- Please refer to our Admissions Calendar for Admissions dates
Everyone is friendly and supportive. There is a great sense of community and there are loads of people to turn to for help - I've certainly never felt lonely. ”third form boarder