Joining in the Sixth Form
For those joining the Sixth Form, selection is based on predicted grades, school reference and an interview. At Sixth Form, both day and boarding places are available.
For Sixth Form candidates, we recommend registration early in the Autumn Term of Year 11. We request a report and reference from current schools for all registered pupils at the end of October. Interviews are held in early to mid-November with places offered on 1 December.
Additional places may still be available after this date and potential applicants are invited to contact the Registrar, Jo Sagers for information on place availability.
Scholarship examinations, interviews and auditions are held in early November.
Sixth Form candidates should be predicted a minimum of three level 7s and three level 6s at I/GCSE. We expect applicants to achieve a level 7 in the subjects they wish to study at A Level (where appropriate).
Those living overseas and not taking I/GCSE papers may take our own entrance examinations in: English, Maths and a General Paper, by arrangement either at their current school or at a British Council office and will be interviewed by Skype. Candidates who do not have English as their first language should refer to the International Candidates page.
- Autumn Open Morning: Saturday 6 October 2018
- 16 + scholarship applications and entry Registration deadline: 12 October 2018
- Scholarships examinations, interviews and auditions: week commencing 12 November 2018
- Academic Scholarship assessment: Wednesday 7 November 2018
- Sixth Form Entry interviews week commencing 19 and 26 November 2018
- For those not taking GCSE's (or those in need of a Tier 4 visa), adhoc entrance examinations and interviews: Saturday 17 November 2018
- Offers made by 1 December 2018
- Place acceptance deadline: 14 December 2018
- Please contact the Registrar Jo Sagers for late place enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +44 (0) 1380 814504
Please refer to our Admissions Calendar for all Admissions dates.
Work and extra-curricular activities are integral parts of everyday life at Dauntsey's. House staff and tutors encourage and support pupils to ensure that they keep on top of their academic work but also make the most of the many opportunities on offer. ”HouseMAster, ALLISTER SHEFFIELD
Academic Scholarships for Sixth Form entry take place in November each year.
Boarding Awards and awards for Sport and Performing Arts are also available through interview or audition.