Old Dauntseians (Alumni)
Welcome to the Old Dauntseians' web page which is designed to keep you up-to-date with OD events, news and information.
As an OD, you are always welcome back to the School, and to attend any of the many events which are organised on your behalf, both in the UK and abroad.
- To support and enhance the education of pupils at Dauntsey's School.
- To keep former pupils in touch with the School and with one another.
- To provide financial assistance in cases of hardship to ODs and their dependants through the Welfare Fund.
DAUNTSEY’S FOUNDATION OFFICE DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Dauntsey’s is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information of Old Dauntseians. To ensure that we can carry out our role as your alumni engagement and development team, we hold and process relevant data on our former pupils. We ensure all personal information is used and stored fairly and treated in an appropriate manner.
The School has a Data Protection Manager and is fully compliant with data protection law. Your data is held for reasons of legitimate interest. The material we send is not intrusive and there are no reasons to believe that an individual would rather not receive it. Please note the following points:
The Foundation Office holds your data in a secure database
Your personal details are never released to any person without your specific approval
Data is used for a full range of alumni activities, including the sending of School and Foundation publications, the promotion of benefits and services available to alumni, and notification of alumni events. Data may also be used by the Foundation for fundraising programmes
Your personal details are not used for marketing purposes
If you do not want us to continue to hold your personal information or receive further communication from Dauntsey’s, please email email@example.com or write to The Foundation Office, Dauntsey’s School, West Lavington, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 4HE.
Head of Foundation
- OD Reunion Party for the class of 1979 - Saturday 18 May 2019
- OD Reunion Party for the classes of 2004 and 2009 - Saturday 15 June 2019
- OD Family Day - Sunday 23 June 2019
- OD Reunion Party for the class of 1999 - Saturday 29 June 2019
- OD Golf - Friday 6 September 2019
- OD Class of 2014 Dinner - Saturday 14 September 2019
- OD London Drinks Reception - Thursday 3 October 2019
- Match Day Entertainment - Saturday 19 October 2019
The Bursary Fund provides financial assistance through bursaries for pupils at Dauntsey's whose parents may be experiencing difficulties in meeting the School fees. For further details, kindly contact Richard Slade (Chairman of Trustees) via the Foundation Office.
The Welfare Fund is a freestanding Charitable Trust, "to render assistance in necessitous cases by advice or financial grant to Old Dauntseians and their families". All applications and all grants are treated in complete confidence; names and facts are never disclosed to anyone other than the Trustees.
Please note only cases of genuine hardship will be considered.
For more details, please contact Mark Neve, Chairman of Trustees:
m.neve@dauntseys,org; 01380 814646
The ODA Richard Sandbrook Award was established by the ODA in January 2009, to commemorate the work of former pupil Richard Sandbrook, OBE (1946-2005).
Richard (OD 59-64) was one of the leading influences in the creation of what we today know as the environment and sustainable development movement. He was the co-founder of Friends of the Earth, Executive Director of the International Institute for Environment and Development and was a widely sought-after advisor and facilitator working with a huge range of people and causes including The Prince of Wales, the United Nations, Water Aid, WWF, Save The Children, UK Government and many others. He was awarded the OBE in 1990.
To promote an awareness in the School and amongst Old Dauntseians of the meaning of sustainable development. In particular, its inter-related goals of conservation of the environment, economic development, social well being and good governance. In doing so, it is hoped to encourage intiative, enterprise and collaboration in order to ensure that today's demand does not compromise tomorrow's supply.
The Award is open to current Sixth Form pupils at Dauntsey's and ODs, aged 18-25.
Up to £1,500 will be awarded.
The Award is available to anyone who is planning a trip, project or research which promotes sustainable development in some shape or form. Applications may involve existing or new projects, study or research, and can be anywhere in the world regarding any area of sustainable development; all proposals will be considered!
We are looking for bids from projects that demonstrate initiative and originality, have clear objectives and show sound planning and budgeting.
Send your application to: The Selection Committee, ODA Richard Sandbrook Award, c/o Foundation Office, Dauntsey’s School, West Lavington, Wiltshire, SN10 4HE - Tel: 01380 814664
It is with sadness that we record the passing of the following:
- Mrs Amelia Rendell, wife of Leslie Rendell and former Manor Matron
- H J H (John) Henderson (47/52)
- Stanley Radnedge (43/48)
- Peter Wyles (former Clerk to the Governors 72-05)
- Peter Lloyd (45-49)
- Myles Spencer (80-85)
- Oliver ‘Ollie’ Kemp (96-01)
- Roger Davies (30-34) .
- Clive Everett (46-51)
- Nigel Whittome (42-48)
- Philippe Oboussier (Director of Music 53-66) died September 2018
- Avalon Harber (00-02)
- Roger Tamlyn (53-59)
- Sarah Phillips (former Governor)
- Rachael Davies - nee Entwhistle (81-88)
- Anthony Freeland (56-61)
- Godfrey Maundrell (61-66)
- John Edgoose (Former teacher of Mathematics 59-65)
- David Kinney (51-54)
- Colin Barrett (41-44)
- Ian Frankel (82-89)
- Charles Coleman (88-95)
- David Coram (88-95)
- Anthony Plumridge (56-61)
- Peter HUGH Price (44-49)
- Jim Baker (54-59)
- Philip Gibson (53-58)
- Alan Fry (45-49)
- Peter Fielder (46-50)
- Peter GRAEME Curry (70-75)
- Professor Geoffrey Harrison (41-47) and former teaching staff
- Michael Bryant (48-52)
- Paul Barnard (former teaching staff) and Mrs Lena Barnard
- Roger Pope (52-59)
- John Rawlings (53-58)
- Robert 'Pat' Broadway (42-46) - died January 2018
- John Newton (51-55)
- Richard 'Dick' Hargreaves (32-36)
There are a number of ways that ODs and friends of Dauntsey’s can help and support the School. The following are popular options:
- A regular donation to our Bursary Fund
- A gift to the School
- A legacy for Dauntsey’s – The Olive Society
- Work experience placements
- Mentoring and careers advice for our pupils
- Lectures and/or informal talks
- Helping to organise an OD gathering
We would be delighted to hear from you: your support is just a few clicks away.
Head of Foundation
The ODA, c/o Foundation Office, Dauntsey's School, West Lavington, Wiltshire, SN10 4HE
To change your details or if you are a 'Lost OD', you can either send an email to Mark Neve, Foundation Director firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Romijn, Foundation Office Secretary email@example.com