Old Dauntseians (Alumni)
Welcome to the Old Dauntseians' web page which is designed to keep you up-to-date with OD events, news and information.
As an OD, you are always welcome back to the School, and to attend any of the many events which are organised on your behalf, both in the UK and abroad.
- To support and enhance the education of pupils at Dauntsey's School.
- To keep former pupils in touch with the School and with one another.
- To provide financial assistance in cases of hardship to ODs and their dependants through the Welfare Fund.
- Five Year Leavers' Dinner (Class of 2012) - Saturday 16th September 2017
- Olive Society Lunch - Thursday 21st September 2017
- London Drinks - Thursday 2nd November 2017
- Remembrance Service - Sunday 12th November 2017
- OD Lunch Party, followed by first team Rugby and Hockey matches - Saturday 9th December 2017
- Reunion Event for the Classes of 1997 and 1978 - the weekend of 18th/19th May 2018
- OD Golf Day: Friday 31st August 2018 at North Wilts GC.
The Bursary Fund provides financial assistance through bursaries for pupils at Dauntsey's whose parents may be experiencing difficulties in meeting the School fees. For further details, kindly contact Richard Slade (Chairman of Trustees) via the Foundation Office.
The Welfare Fund is a freestanding Charitable Trust, "to render assistance in necessitous cases by advice or financial grant to Old Dauntseians and their families". All applications and all grants are treated in complete confidence; names and facts are never disclosed to anyone other than the Trustees.
Please note only cases of genuine hardship will be considered.
For more details, please contact Mark Neve, Chairman of Trustees:
m.neve@dauntseys,org; 01380 814646
The ODA Richard Sandbrook Award was established by the ODA in January 2009, to commemorate the work of former pupil Richard Sandbrook, OBE (1946-2005).
Richard (OD 59-64) was one of the leading influences in the creation of what we today know as the environment and sustainable development movement. He was the co-founder of Friends of the Earth, Executive Director of the International Institute for Environment and Development and was a widely sought-after advisor and facilitator working with a huge range of people and causes including The Prince of Wales, the United Nations, Water Aid, WWF, Save The Children, UK Government and many others. He was awarded the OBE in 1990.
To promote an awareness in the School and amongst Old Dauntseians of the meaning of sustainable development. In particular, its inter-related goals of conservation of the environment, economic development, social well being and good governance. In doing so, it is hoped to encourage intiative, enterprise and collaboration in order to ensure that today's demand does not compromise tomorrow's supply.
The Award is open to current Sixth Form pupils at Dauntsey's and ODs, aged 18-25.
Up to £1,500 will be awarded.
The closing date for bids is Friday 23 March 2018. The winner or winners will be notified by early May 2018.
The Award is available to anyone who is planning a trip, project or research which promotes sustainable development in some shape or form. Applications may involve existing or new projects, study or research, and can be anywhere in the world regarding any area of sustainable development; all proposals will be considered!
We are looking for bids from projects that demonstrate initiative and originality, have clear objectives and show sound planning and budgeting.
Send your application to: The Selection Committee, ODA Richard Sandbrook Award, c/o Foundation Office, Dauntsey’s School, West Lavington, Wiltshire, SN10 4HE - Tel: 01380 814664
It is with regret that we announce the following OD deaths:
- Lt Col Tim Illingworth (47/52) died 5th February 2017
- Michael H Grace died 2nd February 2017
- Robin Loder (48/53) died 20th February 2017
- Desmond George (56/63) died 29th January 2017
- Leslie Taylor, who taught Physics at Dauntsey’s in the 1960s, died on 21st February 2017 at the age of 81
- Anthony J Whistler (39/43) died 3rd February 2017
- Peter John Walker (43/46) died 24th January 2017
- John H Hill (39/42) died 17th March 2017
- Joseph HUGH Davidson (57/62) died March 2017
- Michael Bygrave (51/53) died 20th April 2017
- Paul H Bush (51/56) died 21st April 2017
- Bernard C NOvell (50/53) died April 2017
- Michael Bridgland Small (47/52) - no date
- Daniel P Waley (34/39) died 25th May 2017
- Gordon Pickford (40/43) - no date
- Graham Bryce (55/57) died 26th June 2017
- Charles 'Cayley' Barter (45/50) died June 2017
- David C Gent (46/50) died 9th July 2017
- Neville Tomkins (45/48) died 2nd September 2017
- Anthony Jarrett (43/48) died 23rd August 2017
- Late announcement - Christopher Peter Zair (63/67) died 14th November 2016
- James M Scarlett (53/58) died 27th October 2017
- Tony Rowlands (59/60) died 6th December 2017. Tony was the serving Chairman of the ODA.
- Arthur George (47/53) died December 2017
- Mrs Amelia Rendell, wife of Leslie Rendell and former Manor Matron, died 15th January 2018 Cremation will take place in Cwmbran on 6th February
- H J H (John) Henderson (47/52) died 9th January 2018
- Stanley Radnedge (43/48) died 20th January 2018
There are a number of ways that ODs and friends of Dauntsey’s can help and support the School. The following are popular options:
- A regular donation to our Bursary Fund
- A gift to the School
- A legacy for Dauntsey’s – The Olive Society
- Work experience placements
- Mentoring and careers advice for our pupils
- Lectures and/or informal talks
- Helping to organise an OD gathering
We would be delighted to hear from you: your support is just a few clicks away.
Head of Foundation
The ODA, c/o Foundation Office, Dauntsey's School, West Lavington, Wiltshire, SN10 4HE
To change your details or if you are a 'Lost OD', you can either send an email to Mark Neve, Foundation Director firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Romijn, Foundation Office Secretary email@example.com